Indy SurviveOars strives to to be an active member of the greater Indy-area community. Whether in a leading or participatory role, we want to be good "neighbors" and return some of the goodwill and support we receive from the community. Some ways in which we do this:
Giving Back Grants:
INSO offers support to others. Some recent recipients:
- Choice Food Pantry
- The Gathering Together Hospice
- Geist Lake Coalition
- Self Advocates of Indiana
Charitable Giving or Participation by INSO Team
- Fall Creek Township Food Pantry
- Pink Heals Tour in partnership with Fishers Fire and Police Departments
- Families with Children from China Dragon Boat Festival
- Geist Marathon
- Family and Friends Appreciation Days
- Relay for Life in partnership with Eli Lilly
- Pink Ribbon Connection
- Vines for Life
INSO Speaker's Committee:
Outreach through local business and civic organizations. INSO members visit and speak with many groups to share the stories and benefits of being breast cancer survivors and dragon boat paddlers.
Team Building Program:
Opportunities for businesses to participate in a Team Building exercise through the medium of a dragon boat racing team. Experiences, awareness and benefits of paddling as a team is shared by participants and INSO paddlers.
For more information regarding any of the above, please use the option under the Contact Us tab above.